Episode 1: An Overview of Australian Regulations
12 April 2021
Join Sue Woldt, Senior Regulatory Affairs Manager at Integria Healthcare. Sue is a qualified naturopath, and over the last 30 years her experience spans across all areas of the Complementary Health Industry, specialising in Regulatory Affairs and Compliance.
In Part 1 of this 3 part series on Navigating the regulatory environment for complementary medicines, Sue provides a basic understanding of Australian regulations.
- Why complementary medicines are regulated in Australia, and how this differs from countries overseas
- The Therapeutic Goods Association (TGA)- what they do and who they are
- Why buy Australian Listed (AUST-L) products vs. those produced overseas
- What is the difference between AUST-L vs. an AUST-R medicines
- What is a grandfathered product
- Pre-approved ingredients and doses for use in AUST-L medicines
- Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods: https://www.tga.gov.au/australian-register-therapeutic-goods