Power bar recipe for men's health
These homemade protein bars are packed full of selenium, zinc, essential fatty acids, protein and fibre, all nutrients that are essential for men’s health. A healthy and nutritious energy boost to keep you going after lunch or fuel a gym session.
Of course they can be enjoyed by everyone!
- 1/2 cup LSA mix (linseed, sunflower seed, almond meal)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cup brazil nuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup dried fruit, chopped
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 150C, and line a baking tray with baking paper
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Shape 1/4 cup scoops of mixture into bars or balls and place onto baking tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool, then store in an airtight container.
This recipe is very versatile, and you can use whatever ingredients you have to hand as long as you stick to the basic ratio- 2 1/4 cups dry ingredients (nuts, seeds, oats, rice puffs, dried fruit, choc chips, cocoa powder, coconut flakes) to 4 tbsp sticky ingredients (honey, brown rice syrup, maple syrup, nut butters). You can dip in melted chocolate or coat with desiccated coconut for added flavour. The possibilities are endless!