Low allergenic Anzac biscuits
If you have food allergies and you found yourself with Anzac biscuit FOMO on ANZAC Day, try this recipe for a low-allergenic alternative which is both gluten and dairy free. It’s only fitting to honour those who bravely fought for our country with a traditional wartime bickie and cup of billy tea.
- ½ cup of coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons of golden syrup
- ½ teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tablespoons of boiling water
- 2 cups of almond meal
- ½ cup of desiccated coconut
- ½ cup of quinoa flakes
- ½ cup of rapadura or raw, unrefined sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Gently heat coconut oil and golden syrup in a saucepan.
- Combine bicarb soda and boiling water and stir it in.
- Mix with remaining dry ingredients until well combined.
- Place spoonfuls of mixture onto lined baking trays 5 cm apart, or roll into balls and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and cool on the tray for 5 minutes before transferring into a wire rack to cool completely.
- For a nut-free version, use gluten free flour instead of almond meal.