Lycopene for prostate health
Lycopene is a carotenoid antioxidant that is beneficial for prostate health.
Lycopene gives many fruits and vegetables their red colour, and is particularly high in tomatoes. The lycopene content of tomatoes is greatly increased through cooking, so you can boost your intake with tomato soup, tomato based pasta sauce, tomato based curries and roasted tomato salads.
Why not try this incredibly easy and delicious one pot tomato pasta?
- Linguine, 350g
- Cherry tomatoes, 250g, halved
- Garlic, 2 cloves, finely diced
- Onion, 1 diced
- Olive oil, 4 tbsp
- Basil, 4 sprigs
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Water, 900mL
- Put all the ingredients into a large saucepan.
- Cook for 15 minutes over a medium heat
- Stir regularly until the pasta is cooked and the cooking water has reduced to a sauce.