Cinnamon pumpkin pancakes to keep you energised
These cinnamon pumpkin pancakes are not only delicious, they are a great alternative to traditional sweet pancakes. The cinnamon in the recipe helps balance blood sugar levels, while the protein from the eggs and complex carbohydrates from the wholemeal flour and pumpkin provide slow burning energy to get you through the day. Yum!
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup cooked pumpkin, pureed or finely mashed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups milk/alternative milk
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 cups wholemeal flour
- 2 tablespoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons teaspoons cinnamon
- Mix the wet ingredients (eggs, pumpkin, olive oil, milk and yogurt) until smooth. Add the dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, brown sugar, salt, and cinnamon).
- Stir until just combined.
- Pour 1/3 cup batter into a medium-hot frypan and let cook for 3-5 minutes until bubbles rise to the top.
- Flip the pancake and let cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Repeat with remaining batter.
- Top with yoghurt and pumpkin seeds, or fresh fruit and nuts. Enjoy!